I am Ashwin Shenoy, a wannabe entrepreneur, a software engineer, and a full-time learner.
My projects include...
- BayJDO - a WebRTC based cross-platform p2p file sharing webapp, that only needs a browser to work. I launched this a side hustle in 2020, when the Indian govt. banned Chineese apps including Xender & ShareIt. It quickly gained pretty good popularity through Twitter where I had shared about it, and was featured in newspapers and online media such as The Hindu, Asianet News, etc.
- Chaya UI - a modern, functional React component library, featuring 30+ components, used in building Traboda.
- Chowkidar - a highly flexible JWT-based authentication plugin for Django Strawberry GraphQL.
- Traboda Arena - all in one cyber games platform from Traboda that lets you benchmark & assess practical cyber skills
- Verifycate - an easy to use and verifiable, certificate generation & distribution platform for event organizers
- Nidar - crowd-sourced safety app that shows most safest route to walk through & helps make daily commute safer for women.
- amFOSS CMS - comprehensive student club management system built for amFOSS to run the community.
- GitLit - Platform to connect FOSS contributors & projects based on skill level and shared interests.
- HackMe - a cyber awareness game to teach vulnerabilities in IoT Smart Home devices, built for Cisco APJC SecCon 2020.
- amFOSS Website - the official website of amFOSS, the student-run FOSS club of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, built with Gatsby.
- bi0s Website - the official website of team bi0s, India's No.1 CTF team, built with NextJS.
- ShaktiCon - website & registration portal for ShaktiCon - Women in CyberSecurity Conference, built with NextJS.
- InCTF Junior Website - website & registration portal for InCTF Junior - India's first & largest cyber contest for school students, built with NextJS.
My work experience -
- @Traboda CyberLabs as Co-founder
Led cybersecurity product development at Traboda as a founding team member. In this role, was in charge of the product engineering team, building products in the cyber edtech area, and strategizing product and business strategies.
As an engineer, led the development of app.traboda.com, Traboda Arena, Traboda Academy, and Verifycate among others, and build the core libraries and foundational codebases for Traboda platforms across NextJS (React), Django (Python), GraphQL stack. Had to setup CI/CD and work with DevOps, and had also designed, and deployed cloud infrastructure across AWS, using Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.
Oversaw and contributed to the growth of the startup from a team of 2-3 full-time members to over 25, wearing multiple hats, including sales, finance, and operations. Also had the opportunity to work with India's Largest CTF (InCTF Junior) with CBSE, as well as for large clients such as Schneider Electric.November 2020 - August 2023
- @Schneider Electric as Consultant - GSL CTF Project at Bengaluru
Worked on developing and integrating a Capture The Flag cybersecurity contest and skill benchmarking for Schnieder, as a contract employee from Traboda CyberLabs. Worked with Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Rancher, VDI, etc. to deploy the solution in the SE's cloud. Extensively developed customized features to meet SE requirements such as SSO integration, GDPR compliance, etc.
Schneider Electric currently uses this platform for their internal cybersecurity training & awareness programs, as well as in their all-India campus recruitment drive (Cyberchaze) to recruit cybersecurity talents.March 2022 - Present
- @Salesforce as Google Summer of Code 2019 - Student Developer
I was selected for the Google Summer of Code 2019 program, with Salesforce Open Source, as student intern for a project that involved migration of the Lightening Design System Library of Salesforce to their React Component Library from HTML/CSS. The tasks also extensively involved ensuring a11y, unit-testing, and I worked under mentors from the Salesforce Engineering Team.May 2019 - August 2019
- @GMetri XR as Full Stack Developer Intern at Bengaluru
I was offered to do an internship at GMETRI Studio Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore during the Hackference India Hackathon 2018, impressed by seeing my hackathon project GitLit. I joined them for a one-month full-stack developer internship during my winter break.
GMETRI Studio is a new-age technology start-up based in Bengaluru which designs VR/AR solutions for retail and training. Their clients include BigBasket, Jio, Airtel, Indian Navy, Borsch, PVR etc.
During the internship, I primarily worked on launching Analytics Panel for clients on the GMETRI platform. I was involved right from designing the database model, creating API endpoints, to building a basic track panel on the front-end. Doing this, I was exposed to technologies including Hasura, GraphQL, NodeJS, React and Redux. It was a great learning experience both technically and non-technically.December 2018 - January 2019